This widget application aims to help people with special needs due to visual impairment and also add support for Text To Speech facilities in android powered mobiles.
What is a widget? Widget are little applications that can be added to the mobile desktop. To add a new widget is pretty simple, just press on the desktop screen and keep it pressed for a while. A new window will appear in order to select "widget" and then choose the widget to install. A tutorial for adding widgets can be found here: http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/beginner/adding-widgets-to-android-home-screen/#.TwxCjqVrN8E
This release includes:
> > Date & Time speech:
- Speak in response to screen events (Screen ON event)
- Speak in response to widget image pressing
- Speak in predefined intervals
> > Caller ID
- Speak the caller name or number (in case the name is not in the contacts list) with an optional advisory message
> > SMS Message
- Speak the sender name or number (in case the name is not in the contacts list) with an optional advisory message
> > Donations
If you like this application, please consider donating to little people that need our help:
AACC (Brazilian children's cancer help institute): [http://www.aacc.org.br/doacao/passo-um/]
- add icon on config dialogs
- user interface updates
- add localized text for date & time speaking
- added support for time in 24hs format
- allow changing the engine when service is already running
- avoid speaking date&time during call ringing
- fix crash when language pack is not available
- added option to select the output stream for the audio. (when using some bluetooth devices the audio stream may have to be changed in order to work properly)
- added option to select the number of times the message will be repeated for incoming calls and sms messages
- update in User Interface
- creating time period selection to avoid time playback in unwanted hours.
- fix to avoid playback during a call
- Avoid playback during a phone call.
- Avoid playback if phone ring is muted.
- fix on time interval speaking
TTS Aid is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2012-10-19. The program can be installed on Android.
TTS Aid (version 2.07) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 6 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.